Flapper Girl Costume
Hop right into the Charleston with our DIY Flapper Girl Costume. The perfect costume for a Halloween party. Easy to make and customize to your liking.
- Old dress
- 8+metres of fringe (Measure the widest part of your garment and multiple by the number of rows you want.)
- 0.5m elastic sequin
- Buttons, decals, or jewels to decorate the headband
- Sewing Machine
- Begin marking your dress with lines where you will place the fringe.
2. Mark at an equal distance all the way down the neck leaving a small overlap for the fringe.
3. Flip the dress over and continue marking on the back of the dress.
4. Place the fringe on the line and pin it into place. Stitch across the top of the fringe overlapping at the side. Cut where the fringe overlaps.
5. Repeat step 4 on all of the lines until you reach the bottom.
6. Measure your head and cut the elastic sequin to that length. Match your ends right sides together and zigzag stitch together. Add buttons, decals and jewels as you desire.