Who is ready to roar like a lion! Create this fun and simple lion costume and be the king, or queen, of the jungle. If you are just looking for the tutu tutorial skip down to step 10 or ahead to 4:20 in the video.
- 4m of three different colours of tulle – 12m total
- 2m ribbon
- 0.2m of fleece
- 1 fur pompom
- 2 hair clips
- Hot Glue
- Sewing Machine
- Using the pattern provided cut out 4 earpieces from the fleece.
2. Place two earpieces together and stitch around the curve with 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving the bottom open to flip inside out. Repeat with the two other earpieces. Turn right side out and press.
3. Cut a tuft of faux fur from the pompom and place it on the bottom edge of the ear.
4. Fold ear and fur so the wrong side of the ear, fleece to fleece, is matching. Stitch across the bottom edge with 1/4″ seam allowance.
5. Turn the ear right side out and repeat for the other ear.
6. Using hot glue, glue your ears to the hair clips.
7. To create the tail cut a piece of fleece 20 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ (52cm x 11.5cm).
8. Fold right sides together and stitch up the long side and across one edge with 1/4″ seam allowance.
9. Turn right side out and hand sew or hot glue a tuft of faux fur from the pompom to the end of the tail.
10. To create the tutu you will need to cut strips of tulle in alternating lengths. We did lengths of 48″, 40″, 32″ (122cm, 102cm, 82cm)
11. Tie each end of your tulle strips in a knot close to the end of your fabric.
12. Layer the tulle strips one of each length and alternating colours. Fold the length in half and loop around the ribbon. Continue tieing around the ribbon until the desired size and fullness is met.