Quilt Along: Block 10
Welcome to Block 10 of our Quilt Along!! There are printable instructions and a video tutorial! If you want even more interaction join us every Wednesday on our Facebook page www.facebook/FabriclandWest for a live sew-along were we will go over the two blocks for the week and answer any questions you might have.
Block 10 is a windmill block.
- For this block you will need 3 colors.
- B – Cut 4 squares measuring 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- E – Cut 2 squares measuring 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- F – Cut 8 squares measuring 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ Cut 2 squares measuring 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
2. Place a B and F square right sides together. Draw a diagonal line corner to corner and stitch on either side of the line. Repeat with another B and F square.
3. Cut along the diagonal line and press. You will end up with 4 squares.
4. Repeat with B and E squares.
5. For your first row sew F to B/F to F to F
6. For the second row sew F to E/B to E/B to B/F
7. For the third row sew F/B to B/E to B/E to F
8. For the last row sew F to F to B/F to F
9. Sew row to row 2, row 2 to row 3, and row 3 to row 4