Quilt Along: Block 13
Welcome to Block 13 of our Quilt Along!! There are printable instructions and a video tutorial! If you want even more interaction join us every Wednesday on our Facebook page www.facebook/FabriclandWest for a live sew-along were we will go over the two blocks for the week and answer any questions you might have.
Block 13 is a disappearing 4 patch.
- Cut 1 square measuring 7″ x 7″ from four different colors or patterns
2. Place your top squares right sides together and your bottom squares right sides together. Stitch with 1/4″ seam allowance.
3. Press your top seams to the left and the bottom seams to the right.
4. Place your top and bottom right sides together and stitch. Press you seam down.
5. Cut 1 1/2″ down and across from the centre seams.
6. You will be making 4 cuts total, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical.
7. Rotate each large corner square clockwise to the next spot.
8. Rotate the centre square 90 degrees clockwise.
9. Begin sewing your pieces together. Start by sewing each row together.
10. Sew your rows together to complete your block. Press your seams down.