Quilt Along: Block 15
Welcome to Block 15 of our Quilt Along!! There are printable instructions and a video tutorial! If you want even more interaction join us every Wednesday on our Facebook page www.facebook/FabriclandWest for a live sew-along were we will go over the two blocks for the week and answer any questions you might have.
Block 15 is a spinning top block.
- Cut 1 strip from 5 colors measuring 2″ x WOF. Cut 1 square from a different color measuring 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
2. Sew your strips together with 1/4″ seam allowance and sub-cut into 4 squares measuring 11 1/2″ x 11 1/2″
3. Sew your 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ square to the top of one square.
4. Rotate your next square 90 degrees to the left so that the top color from your first square is now on the left. Place on top of your small square right sides together and stitch.
5. Flip your second square down so it is right sides together with your first square and stitch.
6. Repeat this with the third square. Rotate 180 degrees this time so the top color is on the bottom. Stitch to the small square and then to the second square.
7. Repeat with the last square. Turning it 90 degrees to the right so the top color is facing the right. Stitch to the small square and then stitch to the third and first square.
8. Turn your ruler 45 degrees and cut a 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ square.