Quilt Along: Block 3
Welcome to Block 3 of our Quilt Along!! There are printable instructions and a video tutorial! If you want even more interaction join us every Wednesday on our Facebook page www.facebook/FabriclandWest for a live sew-along were we will go over the two blocks for the week and answer any questions you might have.
Block 3 is a scrappy strip block.
- Cut 3 strips from 6 different colors or patterns measuring 1 1/2″ x 19″
2. Layout your strips in the order you want them to appear
3. Starting from one side working to the other, place your strips right sides together and stitch the long side with 1/4″ seam allowance
4. Once all your strips are together press them all to one side.
5. Place a square ruler measuring 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ on your block.
6. Turn 45 degrees and line up on your strips how you want it to look. If you don’t have a square ruler use a normal ruler and measure each side 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″
7. Cut out your square with a rotary cutter or scissors
8. Block 3 is complete!