Quilt Along: Block 6
Welcome to Block 6 of our Quilt Along!! There are printable instructions and a video tutorial! If you want even more interaction join us every Wednesday on our Facebook page www.facebook/FabriclandWest for a live sew-along were we will go over the two blocks for the week and answer any questions you might have.
Block 6 is a hourglass block.
- Cut four squares measuring 7″ x 7″. This block works best with different colors or patterns.
2. Just as we did in block 2, we are going to place two colors right sides together. Draw a diaganol line corner to corner and stitch 1/4″ away on both sides. Cut the line you just drew to create 2 squares. Press your seams and repeat with the two other colors
3. Lay out your squares how you want them finished. Place the top row right sides together and stitch with 1/4″ seam allowance.
4. Repeat with the bottom row
5. Place your top and bottom row right sides together and stitch with 1/4″ seam allowance.
6. Press your seam open and square your edges so the finished block size is 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″.