Travel Organizer DIY
This little travel organizer can have so many different uses and it rolls up nicely to be stashed away! You can use this for your toiletries, art supplies, make-up brushes, chef knife set, and just about anything else you can think of! It’s is easy to adjust the size to fit whatever goodies you need. These new prints offer gorgeous colour, prints, and patterns. Use vinyl for toiletries or brushes to make it easy to wipe and clean. Or you could even use terrycloth for a full bathroom feel. With so many options this organizer can meet so many needs!
• 0.5m cotton fabric
• 0.6m iron on vinyl
• 1m of ribbon
• hook & loop tape
• sewing machine, thread, scissors, and iron
• *depending on the thickness of the fabric, you can interface 1 side of the cotton
1. Cut out the fabric following the pattern provided.
2. Attach the iron on vinyl to the right side of your fabric.
3. Pin your pieces right sides together. Attach ribbon to the right sides with the ends of the ribbon facing inwards.
4. Sew around edges using a 5/8″ seam allowance. Leave a small opening (approx. 5″) to turn inside out. Trim seam allowances and clip corners.
5. Turn inside out. Press seams and corners flat—always use a protective cover, do not touch iron directly onto vinyl. Top stitch around entire rectangle, stitching opening closed.
6. Fold on fold lines as per pattern and press.
7. Sew hook & loop tape to top and bottom fold as per pattern.
8. Stitch vertical lines on the bottom fold from the bottom to the top to create pockets for your items.
For more great ideas for iron-on vinyl check out this video!