Whether you are looking for a mat to avoid your machine slipping or need some accessible storage, this sewing caddy is perfect for any sewing room! It’s easy to make and will leave you feeling organized and ready to sew.
Cut two rectangles from your fabric measuring 15″x30″. One will be for the lining.
2. Cut one rectangle from your interfacing 15″x30″ and iron onto the wrong side of the fabric. This will be your outer fabric.
3. Cut out alpaca from baby lamb fleece and extra pieces from scrap fabric.
4. Adhere pieces to the alpaca using Heat n Bond Ultra or a hot glue gun.
5. Embroider the eyes and mouth using a satin stitch and backstitch. Glue on pompom trim around the neck and set the rest aside.
6. Following the instructions of the Heat n Bond Ultra, adhere the alpaca to the right side of the fabric with the interfacing 3″ down from the top and centered.
7. Fold the outer bag in half lengthwise to mark the centre. Pin the elastic in a loop on the top above the alpaca on the right side and baste. The elastic needs to be long enough to wrap around your button.
8. Fold the piece up with right sides together and stitch up the side seams.
9. With the right sides still together pull the bag apart at the corners until the bottom of the bag looks like a diamond. Mark a line 2″ up from each point and sew across perpendicular. Stitch across this line and trim.
10a. Repeat steps 8 & 9 with the lining piece.
10b. Place the bags right side together and stitch across, leaving a small opening to turn inside out. Make sure you stitch down the elastic at this point.
11. Turn right side out, press and top stitch edge.
This fun picnic blanket uses the Oh Canada Quilting collection and is easy to make for first-time quilters or a quick project for seasoned pros! The addition of the Ripstop for the backing makes this a great quilt for a picnic, soccer games, beach trips or any other outdoor activities you might have planned!
This little travel organizer can have so many different uses and it rolls up nicely to be stashed away! You can use this for your toiletries, art supplies, make-up brushes, chef knife set, and just about anything else you can think of! It’s is easy to adjust the size to fit whatever goodies you need. These new prints offer gorgeous colour, prints, and patterns. Use vinyl for toiletries or brushes to make it easy to wipe and clean. Or you could even use terrycloth for a full bathroom feel. With so many options this organizer can meet so many needs!