Upcycle an old backpack with some fun appliques! Let the kids pick out their appliques and use one of our four methods to attach.
- Heat n Bond Ultra (optional)
- 606 Adhesive Spray (optional)
- Embroidery Thread & Needle (optional)
- Use heat n bond ultra to create a stronger bond between the applique and backpack. Trace your applique on the heat n bond and cut out. Press your applique to the heat n bond and peel off the paper backing. Cover with a pressing cloth and hold and press for 20 seconds or until adhered.
- Use a piece of cardboard or newspaper to protect your work surface. Place your applique face down and spray with 606 Adhesive Spray. Place onto your backpack, cover with a pressing cloth and hold and press for 20 seconds or until adhered.
- If your applique has a good border you can embroider it onto the backpack with a blanket stitch.
- You can use the natural adhesive from the applique also. On rough or thick fabrics it might not adhere as well.