Prepare your felt by cutting to the desired length, the 3m will be your width. Draw a line 2 1/2″ wide on the short edge. Draw two more lines 2 1/2″ wide each.
2. Fold the felt along the line you just drew. Finger press a crease.
3. Edgestitch along the crease all the way down. Fold the second line in the opposite direction and begin edge stitching at the top and working down to a 5/8″ stitch at the bottom. On the third line fold it in the same direction as the first and edgestitch. Use your 3 pleats to measure the next pleats and alternate from just edge stitching on one pleat and then edge stitching at the top to 5/8″ at the bottom on the next pleat. This will create accordion pleats with the bottom of the felt leaning inwards.
4. Fold your short edges together and zigzag stitch to finish.
5. Measure the desired length of your suspenders and cut the length from your sequin elastic. Zigzag stitch in place on the top edge of your felt cupcake liner.
6. For the top of the cupcake we are going to draft a circle skirt. Measure the width of your body where the top of the cupcake will sit. We chose the top of the bust. To create your circle follow the below directions.
Width example = 36″
Calculate the radius. r= width/2(3.14) r=36/6.28 r=5.73
Using this radius draw a circle and cut out a quarter of it.
Fold your fabric in half selvedges together and then fold it raw edges together so you have four layers of fabric.
Place your pattern piece on the corner of the fabric, pin in place and cut.
7. Measure as far down as the fabric will allow and draw the outer edge of your circle.
8. Cut the edge of the circle. You will now have a piece of fabric that looks like a donut.
9. Sew two gather edges on the bottom edge of the circle and begin gathering.
10. Gather until the bottom edge is the same size as your smaller edge. Stitch with right sides together the gathered circle to the smaller circle leaving a 5″ opening.
11. Stuff your cupcake top with polyester fill until the desired fullness is reached.
12. Take your width and subtract 2″, cut this length from the remainder of your sequin elastic and stitch the ends right sides together.
13. Sew your sequin elastic to the inner circle of your cupcake, stretching slightly as you go. If your top isn’t quite tight enough you can add elastic to the sequin elastic.
Make your meals even more ghoulish with our coffin placemats. We created these spooky placemats using the Ghoulish Gathering collection. Not only does this collection add just the right amount of creepy but it also glows in the dark!
0.5m red fabric
0.5m purple fabric
0.5m grey fabric
0.2m of 7 Halloween fabrics. We used fabric from the Ghoulish Gathering collection.
Halloween is a great opportunity to dress up as your favourite character from a show or as something you’ve always wanted to be. We have put together some pattern and fabric matches to inspire you on your Halloween costume sewing adventure! The options are endless and with our large Halloween fabric selection, you can be anything you dream of.
Become a leading lady with this pattern and feel like royalty for an evening. Dress it up in pale pinks or play it edgier with vibrant reds.
Fabric: Dorsey Sateen 100% polyester
Make your princess’s dreams come true and let them dress up as their favourite princess! Our large selection of Halloween fabrics is perfect for creating the princess of their dreams.
Fabric: Organza Crinkle Glitter 100% polyester
Take over the kingdom and look good doing it with Burda6398. No one will question your status in this costume.
Fabric: Island Jacquards Mixed Fibers
While you lead the way with Burda6398 ensure your sidekick is playing their part with Burda6399. You might not be the most liked couple in the kingdom but you will be the best dressed!
Giddy-up! No horse required for this cowboy/cowgirl costume.
Trim: Faux-suede Fringe 100%polyutherane
Commandeer the nearest party ship on the sea and challenge your enemy to a costume contest.
Fabric: Satin Solids 100%Polyester
Use your mystical powers and cast a spell to create this costume!
Red Fabric: Gemini Stretch Cotton 97%cotton 3%spandex Blue Fabric: Denim 100% cotton
You have proved yourself as a fighter and many will look upon you as a hero in this costume.
Who is ready to roar like a lion! Create this fun and simple lion costume and be the king, or queen, of the jungle. If you are just looking for the tutu tutorial skip down to step 10 or ahead to 4:20 in the video.
4m of three different colours of tulle – 12m total