Decorate your door with a beautiful wreath made from our Snow Days quilting collection. These classic prints and Christmas colors make for a beautiful combination and are topped off with a big bow and some jingle bells.
1 Wreath Ring
Ribbon or Tulle spools
1.5m of 6 different fabrics from the Snow Days Collection
Thread and Needle
Cut strips of fabric 6 1/2″ wide by the length of the fabric, selvedge to selvedge.
2. Join your strips together by placing the right sides together and stitching with 1/4″ seam allowance.
3. Tie one of your strips to the wreath holder.
4. Push a bunch of your fabric up from the bottom on the left side of the ring and create a tuft. Push a bunch through the middle and create a tuft. Push a bunch through the left and create a tuft.
5. Repeat with a piece of different colored fabric.
6. Create a bow from your ribbon by folding and twisting pieces.
7. Once you are happy with the look cut ends on an angle. Repeat with another colored ribbon.
8. Hand-stitch your bow onto the bottom of the wreath.
There are so many amazing ways to decorate a Christmas tree for the holidays! The colour combinations have vastly grown and changed from the classic red and green. We couldn’t decide between a modern Blue Christmas or a more traditional Red and Gold tree so we did both! Follow along for some tips and tricks on making the perfect handmade decorations.
Pull out the ghosts and skeletons and get to decorating your house for Halloween! There are so many quick and easy fabric tricks to decorate a table or no-carve pumpkin crafts to avoid a mess and still be festive. What’s your favourite decorating trick for Halloween?
One of the quickest tricks is to use our printed foil organza as a table cloth. Get a couple of metres cut and throw it down on a table to be spooky and fun!
Avoid the clean-up with carving a pumpkin and jump to one of our DIY pumpkins. Ribbons, sequins and tulles make these pumpkins crafty and different. Play with some of our glitter tulle and add an extra sparkle to your decorations.
Change up the cushion covers and add a Halloween Garland to finish the space. Use dyed cheesecloth and wrap around a pillow to create a mummy. Add eyes and a scar from felt. Or opt for a witch hat from felt and decorated with glitter ribbon!
Use ribbons to create your garland. You can cute and sew triangle banners from fabric for an added touch!
Back to school is sneaking upon us! Some kids are entering University and might be heading off to dormitories. We can only hope they will do their laundry at least once a month and not drag it home every holiday for mom to do. Create this simple and cute laundry bag for them to set-up in their new home and cross-your fingers it gets emptied!