Christmas is fast approaching and gifts are being wrapped and placed under the tree. With the holidays comes time to socialize with friends and family! Instead of shopping for the perfect gift for your host make it simple and handmade. Create this cute and fun Santa Wine Bottle Holder and place their favourite bottle in the bag. They won’t be stuck with another knick-knack they pull out once a year and you look like a sewing expert!(more…)
Who is ready to roar like a lion! Create this fun and simple lion costume and be the king, or queen, of the jungle. If you are just looking for the tutu tutorial skip down to step 10 or ahead to 4:20 in the video.
- 4m of three different colours of tulle – 12m total
- 2m ribbon
- 0.2m of fleece
- 1 fur pompom
- 2 hair clips
- Hot Glue
- Sewing Machine
- 1 brown felt sheet
- 1 color felt sheet
- 1 brown embroidery thread
- Colored embroidery thread for sprinkles
- Polyester fill
- embroidery needle
- Cut your pieces following the pattern provided.
- Stitch the “icing” piece on top of one donut piece using different colored thread to create sprinkles.
- Place the top donut on top of the bottom donut wrong sides together and use a blanket stitch around the inner hole of the donut.
- Begin stitching the outer edge of the donut with a blanket stitch.
- Start stuffing the donut before finishing stitching. Close the donut and tie a knot.
- Fill your donut with pins!
Whether you are looking for a mat to avoid your machine slipping or need some accessible storage, this sewing caddy is perfect for any sewing room! It’s easy to make and will leave you feeling organized and ready to sew.(more…)