National Sewing Machine Day! I think we can all attest to a love-hate relationship with our machines 😜 but no matter what it still needs to be cared for! Take these simple steps to clean and care for your machine and it will be running good as new.
- Remove the thread, bobbin and needle.
- Remove the face plate and bobbin case. Clean the bobbin case with a lint brush and soft cloth
- Clean the remainder of the machine with a lint brush and cloth. Do not blow into the machine as this can create moisture.
- Put the bobbin case and face plate back on the machine.
- Add a new needle.
- Following your user manual, oil the machine if necessary. Some machines do not require oil and are self lubricating.
- Place a fabric scrap underneath the presser foot to soak up any excess oil.