Tip & Trick: Cleaning your Machine
National Sewing Machine Day! I think we can all attest to a love-hate relationship with our machines, but no matter what, it still needs to be cared for! Take these simple steps to clean and care for your machine and it will be running good as new.
- Remove the thread, bobbin and needle.
- Remove the face plate and bobbin case. Clean the bobbin case with a lint brush and soft cloth
- Clean the remainder of the machine with a lint brush and cloth. Do not blow into the machine as this can create moisture.
- Put the bobbin case and face plate back on the machine.
- Add a new needle.
- Following your user manual, oil the machine if necessary. Some machines do not require oil and are self lubricating.
- Place a fabric scrap underneath the presser foot to soak up any excess oil.