Take an old pair of flip-flops and upcycle them into these fun and comfortable fabric sandals. A great project to play around with and experiment moving, tying and sewing the fabric into different styles.
- Old pair of flip-flops
- Scrap fabric or 0.2m of fabric (We used a stretch)
- Scissors, thread, needle, sewing machine
- Cut strips 2″ wide on the crossgrain.
- We braided three strips together and had enough for the flip flops
- Cut out the strap already in the sandal and thread through your braid securing with a knot.
- Follow the video below for design ideas or create your own!