Don’t fumble around with a big bulky blanket, wrap it up and secure it with this picnic blanket handle! Add rivets or shanks to dress it up and play with different metals and trims to get the right style for your look.(more…)
This fun picnic blanket uses the Oh Canada Quilting collection and is easy to make for first-time quilters or a quick project for seasoned pros! The addition of the Ripstop for the backing makes this a great quilt for a picnic, soccer games, beach trips or any other outdoor activities you might have planned!(more…)
Summer is just around the corner and now is the time to start thinking about your summer wardrobe! McCall’s 7812 has beautiful tops with long sleeves to protect you from the sun, make it out of lighter fabric to avoid the heat. McCall’s 7933 is a beautiful asymmetrical skirt that you can make a staple item or go bold and bright as a statement piece. McCall’s 7934 are fun, fresh bottoms. A cute jogger and a wide leg pant are on trend for this summer! Or keep it simple with a bermuda short.(more…)
National Sewing Machine Day! I think we can all attest to a love-hate relationship with our machines 😜 but no matter what it still needs to be cared for! Take these simple steps to clean and care for your machine and it will be running good as new.
- Remove the thread, bobbin and needle.
- Remove the face plate and bobbin case. Clean the bobbin case with a lint brush and soft cloth
- Clean the remainder of the machine with a lint brush and cloth. Do not blow into the machine as this can create moisture.
- Put the bobbin case and face plate back on the machine.
- Add a new needle.
- Following your user manual, oil the machine if necessary. Some machines do not require oil and are self lubricating.
- Place a fabric scrap underneath the presser foot to soak up any excess oil.
It’s National Camping Month and time to get outdoors and enjoy the sun while it is here! Using Butterick 4251 we gave this tepee an extra hint of adventure with some dinosaur teeth and eyes! Customize for the kids and be creative! A castle for the princess, a circus tent for the acrobat, or maybe a camo tent for the adventurer, the options are endless!