Playing Card Holder
Some of my favorite times have been spent around the table with my family and friends playing cards. But sometimes little hands can’t quite hold the cards comfortably or you want to be able to play hands free. This DIY helps solves both of those problems. Follow instructions below to learn how to make your own playing card holders.
- Craft Fun Solids – Lime Green – 0.5m
- Craft Fun Solids – Hot Pink- 0.5m
- Craft Fun Solids – Orange – 0.5m
- Craft Fun Solids – Turq – 0.5m
- Pellon Stabilizer – Craft & Home Dec – 0.5m
- Hook & Loop Tape – Orange – 1 Hank
For Two Holders
(4) 17″ x 101/2” rectangles
From Hot Pink, Orange, & Turq:
(2) 4″ x 101/2” rectangles
(2) 161/2 ” x 10″ rectangles
From Hook & Loop Tape:
(2) 91/2 ” strips
Seam Allowance – 1/4″
1. Place (1) Pink 4″ x 10 1/2″ rectangle right side together and sew down the long edge.
2. Turn right side out and lightly press on a low setting. Edge stitch along 1 edge. Repeat (1) Orange & (1) Turq 4″ x 10 1/2″ rectangle.
3. Place (1) Lime rectangle on a solid surface and measure up 1″, 5″, 10″ & 12″ and mark straight across.
4. Line up the stitched edge of (1) Turq strip with the 10″ line mark. Sew along the bottom edge to secure.
5. Measure down 1″ from the top of the Turq strip and place the Orange strip. Stitch along the bottom to secure.
6. Measure down 1″ from the top of the Orange strip and place the Hot Pink strip. Stitch along the bottom to secure.
7. Measure into the middle of your strips and stitch up, securing the middle of each stitch to the lime backing. These will be your card slots.
8. Place (1) Lime rectangle right sides together with your card slot rectangle. Stitch around leaving a 5″gap. Turn right side out through gap.
9. Insert (1)16 1/2″ x 10″ stabilizer rectangle inside the 5″ gap and edge stitch around to close. Stitch across the 5″ & 10″ lines drawn in step 3
10. Sew (1) side of Hook & Loop tape along the 1″ line drawn in step 3. Line up the matching Hook & Loop tape on the opposite end of the back side of the card holder.
Repeat Steps 1-10 for a 2nd card holder.