Our Cabin Christmas Quilt pattern is a beautiful traditional holiday quilt. Using the Christmas at the Cabin quilting collection we created our snowflake crystal block. This is a Queen sized quilt but can easily be modified for smaller quilts.(more…)
Celebrate National Sewing Month with a scissor pouch! This easy to make DIY will keep your scissors safe and secure and you will always know where to find them.
- Main Fabric: 0.3m
- Lining Fabric: 0.3m
- Fusible Fleece: 0.3m
- Download our free pouch pattern, cut out and tape together joining the black dots.
- Use the pattern to cut out
1 x main fabric
1 x lining
1 x fusible fleece
3. Attach your fusible fleece to the wrong side of your lining, either by pressing or basting stitch.
4. Lay your main fabric piece and lining fabric piece right sides together, pin in place and stitch around with 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving a 3” gap to turn right side out.
5. Clip and notch your corners and curves. Turn your pouch right side out and press.
6. Edge stitch around the full pouch making sure to close the gap.
7. Following the numbers on the pattern fold 2 on top of 1, Fold 3 on top of 2, Fold 4 on top of 3, pin in place.
8. Topstitch the sides and bottom to secure.
Take on one of the summers’ biggest trends and try some tie-dye! Tie-dye is a fun and easy project that anyone can do. It’s great to be creative with colors and different styles. Below is three styles of tie-dye; spiral, shibori, and ice-dye. All will give you a fabulous outcome!
Wondering what to do with your newly dyed fabric? Check out some of our free patterns that you can use your fabric to make.(more…)
Get into the garden with our DIY of the month! This gardening apron is perfect for storing your tools and freshly picked fruit and veg. Sore knees? Create a matching kneeling pad!(more…)
Keep your kids busy with these DIY on-the-go games! With 4 games to choose from you can keep them busy while driving, camping or just about anywhere. Attach hook &loop tape to the pieces if you intend to use this in vehicles so they won’t slide around and get lost.(more…)