Mastering an exposed zipper is critical in finishing your garments and making them look professional. A lot of people are intimidated by zippers but once you get the hang of it you will be cruising through them!(more…)
Getting started with sewing while using a pattern can be overwhelming. With all the symbols and lines it can definitely make you close it back up and put it in the envelope! There is no need to be intimated, once you understand what all the symbols mean.(more…)
Sewing with transparent fabrics can be hard and sometimes you will want to hide a seam. Using french seams will create a clean and professional finish to transparent fabrics. Take a shirt and give it a new look by changing the sleeve! Choose either a flutter sleeve or a bishop sleeve and follow along as we transform a classic white dress shirt into a fashion statement!(more…)
Make inserting an invisible zipper easier with a Costumakers Zipper Foot! This easy to use zipper foot makes putting a zipper in seamless and fast. Follow these simple guidelines and zippers will no longer be fear when sewing.
- Choose the correct blue attachment based off of the instructions.
- Line the needle up with the centre of the foot. When the needle goes down it should be in line with the centre groove.
- Place one side of your zipper right side down on the right side of the fabric. The edge of the zipper tape should match with the edge of your fabric.
- Pin or hand baste into place.
- Roll the zipper teeth back and place in the groove on the foot.
- Your needle should come down right next to the teeth. Repeat on the other side
Summer is the perfect time for flowy and light fashion. The Mary polyester chiffon collection and Clara chiffon collections offer a wide variety of prints and solids in a light fabric, perfect for your summer sewing needs. Match it with a Burda Pattern and you are set to go!(more…)