Summer Fashion Fabrics + Burda Patterns
Summer is the perfect time for flowy and light fashion. The Mary polyester chiffon collection and Clara chiffon collections offer a wide variety of prints and solids in a light fabric, perfect for your summer sewing needs. Match it with a Burda Pattern and you are set to go!
Tips for sewing with chiffon
- Use weights instead of pins when cutting. This will keep your fabric in place and stop it from shifting. It will also eliminate any marks left behind from pins.
- Cut one layer at a time to ensure accurate cutting.
- Add a new needle to your machine so it can go through the fabric cleanly.
- Avoid back stitching at the beginning and end of stitches, instead leave enough thread to hand tie knots.
- Finish your seams professionally with french seams. They create a beautiful and clean finish on your seams.
What are your summer sewing plans? We love to see what you are making! Don’t forget to tag us in your projects on social media @FabriclandWest