Bringing back this trend with a FREE pattern to sew your own fanny pack! Dress up your summer wardrobe with our fun home decor fabric and a bag you don’t have to carry! Our updated pattern is wider with a pocket to offer more space!(more…)
Create a cute and fun cami without a pattern! Follow our instructions to make this cami and customize and change to suit your style. This is a great beginner sewing project and easy to take the step into sewing garments.(more…)
Slip into something simple with this easy DIY slip dress! The most important part of this dress is taking accurate body measurements. Try standing in front of a mirror so you can assure the measuring tape is sitting flat straight around you. Don’t pull the tape tight either or else your garment will be too tight.(more…)
This is a great beginner sewing project! With only 2 seams to sew you can get used to working with fashion fabric. Feel free to add some trims to your hem; fringe, lace, scalloped edge etc.
- Small: 1.3m
- Medium: 1.6m
- Large: 1.8m
- sewing machine
- chalk or fabric pen
**Please note our example is for a size small**
Cut a piece of fabric:
50” x 56” for size Small/Medium
60” x 56” for Medium/Large
70” x 56” for Large/XLarge
- Fold your fabric right sides together selvedge to selvedge.
2. Measure 10″ down for the fold and 15″ across. Draw the 15″ line and square down to the selvedge edge. Repeat on the other side.
3. Stitch along these lines and then cut 1/4″ away from your stitch line.
3. Mark the middle of the fold and draw a line all the way down to the selvedge edge. Measure 3″ down and 3″ across on either side of the centerline. Draw a curve connecting the top fold and your two marks, coming to a point at the selvedge edge.
4. Cut out along these lines, on the front side of your fabric only. Don’t cut through both sides of the fabric. Hem your neckline and hem as you desire!