Dress up your holiday outfits with handmade jewelry! Jewelry can be an intimidating project to take on if you have never made it before but it opens up the doors for a whole different kind of creativity. Combine sewing with jewelry making to create these elegant chiffon earrings.
- 0.2m of chiffon
- Upholstery Thread
- 3mm crimp bead cover
- Ear Wire
- Small Pliers
- Sewing Machine
- Serger (optional)
- Using the pattern provided trace out and cut the circles from the chiffon.
2. Stitch around the circles using a small zigzag stitch or use a narrow hemstitch on a serger. Trim any excess fabric.
3. Thread a needle with the upholstery thread with a double layer. You will want enough thread for the length of the earring you desire plus extra for stitching.
4. Sew the largest circle onto the thread. Pinch your circle in the centre and create a small stitch to secure.
5. Secure 1 crimp bead cover over the circle using pliers.
6. Repeat with the medium-sized circle leaving a 1 1/2″ gap between the circles.
7. Repeat again with a medium circle.
8. Create a new thread and add two medium circles.
9. Gather your threads and circle and layout with even spacing.
10. Thread through your earring hook and secure with a knot
11. Using the pliers pinch the earring hook closed so the thread does not come off.