The Livia Scalloped Lace is bright, fun and perfect for making a swimsuit cover-up. This is a quick sew project that will have you ready for a day by the pool or a trip to the beach!
- 2m of fabric (measure your arm length elbow to elbow and double)
- 1 Corded Tassel for a front tie, 2 for slit ties.
- Sewing Machine
- Cut your fabric in half so that you have 1 metre each.
- You will want to decide on the length of the cover-up. The picture is full length and the model is 5’8. Shorten from the top of both pictures to the desired length
- Grab one of the pieces and mark the middle at the top edge. Measure 3″ over from each side.
- Decide how deep you want your neckline and measure down from the centre. (We went down 6″)
- Contact your outer marks to your centre mark to create the neckline. Cut out.
- Place your front to your back, good to good, and stitch from outer edge to the neck edge. This will be your shoulder seam.
- You’ll now have a poncho. Slip this over your head and decide how snug you want it.
- Lay flat and measure 14″ up from the bottom and in the desired width and mark. (Depending on how much you shortened it this might need to be less)
- Measure 13″ down from the top and then in the desired width and mark.
- Stitch between these two marks
- Thread the corded tassels through the lace and pull to create some gathers, tie in a knot. Adjust as desired.
- You can also attach the corded tassels to the side slits.