You might be thinking we haven’t even hit Halloween yet! However, Christmas has a way of sneaking up on us. Get a head start on your Christmas sewing with our fabulous Christmas collections. Our staff took a headstart on their projects and put together some projects to inspire your sewing adventures. Selection will vary by store.
By Golly Get Jolly
This collection uses a new and modern colour combination, with brighter pastels. If you are looking for something different and want to brighten up your Christmas decorating, this collection is for you.
Find the stocking pattern here: https://www.blankquilting.net/by-golly-get-jolly/
This traditional white, red and green collection pictures a snow-covered barn in the panel. It is accented with fun farm-themed blenders.
Find the quilt pattern here: https://www.henryglassfabrics.net/holiday-homestead/
Jolly Ole Soul
This collection brings together all the childhood memories of Christmas. Sugar cookies, toys, tree ornaments and Santa Claus!
Find the quilt pattern here: https://www.henryglassfabrics.net/jolly-ole-soul/
Find the wine bottle apron here: https://www.aneedlepullingthread.com/wine-bottle-aprons-and-ornaments/
The collection name says it all! Nordic Forest is dotted with adorable animals and, of course, gnomes! The colours in this collection are fresh and fun.
Find the quilt pattern here: https://www.blankquilting.net/nordic-forest-quilt-1/
A simple and traditional collection with beautiful blender options. Frosty the snowman comes alive in this collection with lively artwork.
Find a quilt pattern for this collection here: https://www.henryglassfabrics.net/snow-days-quilt-1/
Even though summer has come and gone, there is still the beauty of a winter cottage. The wonderful hues of blue in this collection have you dreaming of a winter cottage.
Find the quilt pattern here: https://www.henryglassfabrics.net/winter-cottage-quilt-1/
Another fun traditional Christmas collection with candies, treats and decorations. The black in this collection makes the bright colours pop.
Find the quilt pattern here: https://studioefabrics.net/fabric-lines/just-released/yuletide-cheer/
Mooooving into Halloween season with our DIY Cow costume. We have included instructions for a baby version, adult headband and tips for the adult costume!
Baby Cow Costume(more…)
Release the magic of Halloween with this DIY Genie Costume. Tulle is used to create the illusion of smoke and our free Genie Lamp pattern is used to create a stuffed Genie Lamp. We chose to use McCalls 7340 pattern to create a blue bodysuit, for the base of the costume. Add trims and beads as you desire to dress up the costume as you desire.
- 3m white tulle
- 1m elastic band
- 0.5m gold foil fabric
- 0.5m trim (used for hair accessories)
- OPTIONAL: McCalls 7340 and material
- Sewing Machine
- Safety Pins
1. Gather the short edge of your tulle, keep it folded so there are two layers.
2. Measure your waistband to your waist and cut to fit. Sew the gathered tulle to the edge of the elastic waistband.
3. ZigZag stitch the edge of your waistband together.
4. Place your waistband on a mannequin, model or yourself in front of a mirror. Start to create tufts of fabric, pinning in place. Create the shape of smoke coming from the Genie Lamp. Once you are happy with the shape tack in place with thread.
5. Trace and cut out the Genie Lamp from the gold foil
6. ZigZag stitch around the Genie Lamp leaving a small opening on the base of the lamp.
7. Stuff your Genie lamp with polyester fill
8. Hand stitch the bottom of the genie lamp closed.
This fun picnic blanket uses the Oh Canada Quilting collection and is easy to make for first-time quilters or a quick project for seasoned pros! The addition of the Ripstop for the backing makes this a great quilt for a picnic, soccer games, beach trips or any other outdoor activities you might have planned!(more…)