Plaid Tidings Quiltland Collection and Old Tyme Christmas Quiltland Collection
- Fabric A – Plaid Tidings – Snowflake Red/Gold – 0.3m
- Fabric B – Old Tyme Christmas – Damask Gold – 0.2m
- Heat n Bond – 0.2m
- Satin Edge Organza Ribbon – Red – 2m
- Embroidery Hoop 10″ – 1 hoop
Printable Instructions and Pattern
From Fabric A cut:
(1) 12″ x 12″ square
(1) Candy Cane Pocket
From Fabric B cut:
(1) 8″ x 4″ rectangle
Seam Allowance 1/2″
- Using the “Welcome” template, trace onto the paper side of the heat n bond. Follow the directions on your heat n bond to transfer onto (1) 8″ x 4″ rectangle.
2. Mark the center of the top of the 12″ square. Measure down 2″ and follow the directions on your heat n bond to transfer onto the 12″ square.
3. Insert the fabric into the embroidery hoop. Trim excess fabric down to 1/2″
4. Fold the top seam allowance of the Candy Cane Pocket down and topstitch
5. With it still in the hoop, measure down 5″ from the top of the fabric and mark
6. Remove fabric from the hoop and line up the middle of the Candy Cane Pocket with the 5″ mark. Stitch down the front of the pocket to secure to the hoop fabric
7. Continue sewing straight down the pocket, moving out 1 1/2” each time. You will have 4 sections in total.
8. Insert back into the hoop. Using the satin edge ribbon, tie a bow and a large loop to connect to your door hangar. Fill with candy canes and enjoy!