Outdoor Placemats are perfect for a picnic are packing up in the camper! Slots to hold plates and utensils to keep everything in one place. We’ve add vinyl to our top to make it easy to wipe clean!
*Makes 2 placemats
- Main Fabric: Gone Wild Quilting Cotton 17834 – 0.5m
- Lining Fabric: Gone Wild Quilting Cotton 17836 – 0.5m
- Binding Fabric: Gone Wild Quilting Cotton 17835 – 0.2m
- Pellon Matte Vinyl Fuse – 2 rolls
- Prym Color Snaps – 1 packet
*Cutting Instructions for 1 placemat
From Main & Lining Fabric Cut:
Front/Back: (1) 12″ x 20″ rectangle
Plate Pocket: (1) 10 1/2″ x 8 1/2” rectangle
Utensil Pocket: (1) 5″ x 5″ rectangle
- Following the manufacturers guidelines, attach matte vinyl fuse to the right side of all main fabric pieces and lining fabric back piece.
2. Place (1) main plate pocket right sides together with (1) lining plate pocket. Mark halfway along the 10 1/2” side and and down 3″. Draw a curve out and up to the top corners. Trim along the curved line.
3. With your lining facing up sew across the top curve and down the right-hand side. Turn right way out, press and baste bottom and open side together.
4. Place (1) main utensil pocket right sides together with (1) lining utensil pocket. measure halfway along the 5″ side and mark down 1 1/2“. Draw a curve out and up to the corners. Trim along the curved line.
5. With your main fabric facing up sew across the top curve and down the right hand side. Turn right way out, press and baste the bottom and open side together.
6. With the main front rectangle right side up line up the plate pocket with the bottom left-hand side of the front panel. Topstitch the pocket down the sides and along the bottom. Do not stitch the curve.
7. Line the utensil pocket up with the bottom right hand side of the front panel. Topstitch the pocket down the sides along the bottom. Do not stitch the curve.
8. Place the main fabric and lining fabric wrong sides together, bind around the outside edges. Measure halfway down each side and attach a snap. This will allow you to fold you placemat in half to store while travelling!