Tip & Trick: Continuous bias strip
A quick and simple way to make a continuous bias strip for any project!
- Cut a square large enough to make your bias strip. Cut the square in half diagonally.
|Length Required||1 1/2″ Wide||2″ Wide||2 1/2″ Wide|
2. Place the right sides of the straight-of-grain edges together and pin in place.
3. Stitch together with 1/4″ seam allowance.
4. Press seams open.
5. Draw the seamline you chose, 1 1/2″, 2″ or 2 1/2″, on the short diagonal side.
6. Draw 1/4″ seam allowance on the long edges.
7. Bring the short edges together matching up the lines you just drew offsetting them by one row.
8. With right sides together pin along the 1/4″ seam allowance.
9. Sew seam together and press open.
10. Cut along the continuous line to create your bias strip.