Disc Golf Bag
It’s National Disc Golf Day! Are you an avid player or never even heard of the sport? It’s a great activity to pick-up in the summer to get outdoors and have some fun! Once you’re feeling like a pro tackle this DIY Disc Golf Bag 🥏
- Vinyl Coated Solids – 0.6m
- 1″ Webbing – 1.4m
- Bias Tape – Double – 1 packet
- Mesh fabric – 1 packet
- Adjustable Buckle 1″ – 1 packet
- Rectangle Ring 1″ – 1 packet
- 14mm Magnetic Snap – 4 packets
- Elastic 1/4″ – 0.2m
- Batting – 0.2m or scraps.
From Vinyl Coated Solids cut:
(4) Large Panel on fold
(2) Small Panel on fold
(2) Bag Flap on fold
(2) Shoulder Strap Pad
(2) 21″ x 4″ rectangles
(2) 19″ x 21/2″ rectangles
(2) 3″ x 4″ rectangles
From Mesh cut:
(1) Bottle Holder Bottom
(1) 81/2″ x 5″ rectangle
From Webbing cut:
(1) 2″ strip
(1) 50″ strip
From Batting cut:
(2) Shoulder Strap Pad
Shoulder Pad Assembly
- Sandwich (2) batting shoulder pad between (2) Vinyl Shoulder pads, right sides out, and baste around.
2. Place (2) 3″ x 4″ rectangles right sides together. Stitch across both 3″ sides. Turn right way out and press.
3. Place your rectangle on top of the shoulder strap pad. Matching middle points. Baste down the sides. Finish the shoulder strap pad by using the bias tape to bind around.
Disc Bag Assembly
*seam allowance – 1/2″
- Place (1) small panel and (1) 19″ x 2 1/2” rectangle, right sides together. Pin around the outer edge of the circle and stitch in place. Repeat for remaining small panel and 19″ x 2 1/2” rectangle.
2. Place small panels right side together and stitch across the top. Turn right way out and press.
3. Place (1) large panel right sides together with the large panel and rectangle. Stitch around leaving a 3″ gap at the bottom. This will be your bag lining
4. Using the bias tape, bind the top 8 1/2” edge of (1) mesh 8 1/2” x 5″ rectangle. Cut a 5 1/2” length of elastic and feed it through the bias tape. Baste at each end to secure.
5. Sew the bottom of your mesh bag to (1) bottle holder bottom. Starting and stopping 1/2″ from the edge.
6. With (1) 21″ x 4″ rectangle right side up and mark 1 1/2” down. Place the bottle wrong to right side with the rectangle. Line the top of it up with the new mark. Fold the holder down and stitch across the bottle holder bottom edge. Flip the holder back up and baste the side edges.
7. Place small panel right side together with (1) large panel. Lining the small panel up 1 1/2” down from the top of the large panel. Stitch in place.
8. Place (2) bag flap’s right side together. Stitch around leaving the top open. Pull right way out through the top and press.
9. Mark the halfway point on the bag flap and (1) large panel. With large panel right way up match notches. Make sure the flap is facing down. Baste across to secure.
Repeat step 1 with the large panel/bag flap and (1) 21″ x 4″ rectangle with bottle bag. Be careful not to catch the flap in the seam.
10. Place (1) large panel/small panel right sides together with the large panel/flap and rectangle. Stitch around to secure. Turn right way out.
11. Fold (1) 2″ webbing strip in half and slip through a rectangle buckle, baste the ends together.
12. Place the adjustable buckle right side down on (1) 50″ webbing strip. Thread the strap through the adjustable buckle’s center bar. Fold the edge of the strap back and stitch in place. Loop the 50″ strap through the rectangle buckle and back through the adjustable buckle.
13. With the buckle facing down, line the webbing up with the left-hand side of the back side of the bag. Baste in place. Thread the strap through the shoulder pad and line the loose end of the strap up with the right hand side of the back side of the bag. Baste in place.
14. With lining wrong side out, place the bag rights sides together. Stitch around the top of the lining attaching it to the top of the large panels. Turn right way out through the 3″ gap and topstitch closed.
15. Measure 2 1/2″ in and 1″ down on either side of the front panel and attach (2) magnetic snaps. Match the 2nd part of the snaps to the panel behind and attach.
16. Measure 3″ in and 2″ down on either side of the front panel and attach (2) magnetic snaps. Match the 2nd part of the snaps to the flap.