DIY Fabric Pumpkin Wreath
- 0.9m fabric (we used 0.3m from 3 different fabrics)
- 1 embroidery floss
- Large embroidery hoop (10″)
- Brown felt sheet
- Polyester fill
- Hot glue + glue gun
- Hand sewing needle + thread
1.Using the pattern provided cut out 12 rectangles on the bias.
2.Fold the rectangle right sides together so the short ends meet. Stitch the short ends together with a 1/4″ seam allowance and press open.
3. Sew a gathering stitch 1/4″ in from the bottom edge. Sew a second row 3/8″ from the bottom edge. Do not backstitch.
4. Pull your two gathering threads tight together to gather the edge of the pumpkin.
5. Hand stitch the gathers so there is no gap or hole in the bottom of the pumpkin.
6. Turn right sides out. Stuff the pumpkin with polyester fill, just enough so you can still sew the gathering stitches on the other side.
7. Repeat steps 3-5 with the top edge adding stuffing as you go to fill the pumpkin.
8. Using embroidery thread create the grooves of the pumpkin by threading through the top and then the bottom of the pumpkin pulling tight enough to create an indent.
9. Cut a rectangle 1″x1″ from brown felt for the stem and roll into a cylinder. Glue in place.
10. Glue the felt stem on top of the pumpkin.
11. Glue your pumpkins to a large embroidery hoop adding ribbon and decoration as desired.
12. Add ribbon and display.