Quilted Coffin Placemats
Make your meals even more ghoulish with our coffin placemats. We created these spooky placemats using the Ghoulish Gathering collection. Not only does this collection add just the right amount of creepy but it also glows in the dark!
- 0.5m red fabric
- 0.5m purple fabric
- 0.5m grey fabric
- 0.2m of 7 Halloween fabrics. We used fabric from the Ghoulish Gathering collection.
- 1m of cotton batting
- Odif 505
- HeatnBond UltraHold
- Sewing Machine
- Cut out the piece for your plain coffins. We used 4 plain coffins for 1 placemat.
2. Press1/4″ of the edges to the wrong side of the coffins and hand baste in place.
3. Complete the remaining coffins.
Coffins with Windows
- Cut out all your pieces using the pattern provided.
2. Stitch pieces together in alphabetical order. Press seams flat.
3. Press1/4″ of the edges to the wrong side of the coffins and hand baste in place.
4. Repeat on remaining coffins.
- Cut out pieces:
– Front 12″ x 18″
– Batting 14″ x 20″
– Back 16″ x 22″
Sandwich pieces together using Odif 505 spray to hold layers in place.
- Quilt as desired. We did a hand-drawn spider web.
3. Create binding strips using the fabric of your choice.
4. Bind the placemat as desired.
We used HeatnBond UltraHold to adhere the coffins to the placemat. Alternatively, the coffins can be sewn onto the placemat.
5. Cut out the HeatnBond UltraHold to the same size as the coffins.
6. Following the instructions on the packaging adhere the coffins to the placemat.
7. Repeat for all coffins placing as desired.