Holiday Place Setting DIY
Don’t forget the place setting while you’re preparing all the dinner fixings. Using the Nordic Forest quilting collection we created this placemat and matching napkin. Quick and easy to make and the perfect addition to any holiday table!
- 1 panel from Nordic Forest quilting collection
- 1 metre from 5 fabrics from the Nordic Forest collection
- 0.5m of lace vinyl
- 1 metre of cotton batting
- Ribbon (Optional)
This will make 4 placemats and 4 napkins.
- Cut out the four rectangles from the panel and 4 rectangles the same size from one other piece of fabric.
2. Place rectangles right sides together. Stitch down the long edge.
3. Press seam to the side and square off the edges.
4. Trim the edge of your lace vinyl to create a scalloped edge.
5. You will need enough to run on the bottom edge of the placemat.
6. Place the lace vinyl on the bottom of the placemat and stitch down with 1/4″ seam allowance.
7. Spray your batting with Odif 505 spray and place your backing piece on top.
8. Flip over and spray your batting again and place your front piece on top.
9. Quilt as desired. We chose to quilt around each box to create a frame.
10. Create your binding with one of the fabrics and bind your placemats.
- Cut 4 squares from one fabric 18″x18″. Place the lace vinyl on the bottom edge and stitch with a 1/4″ seam allowance.
2. Cut 4 squares from a backing fabric 18″x18″ and place on your other square right sides together. Stitch around the square with 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving a small opening to turn inside out.
3. Turn right side out and press flat. Be careful not to press the vinyl as it will melt. Press the backside of the fabric with a pressing cloth on low heat.
4. Fold your bottom edge up to the top.
5. Fold the top down to the bottom edge. The lace vinyl should be on the bottom. Flip over.
6. Fold in half once and then fold in half again.