Canada Day Picnic Blanket with Ripstop
This fun picnic blanket uses the Oh Canada Quilting collection and is easy to make for first-time quilters or a quick project for seasoned pros! The addition of the Ripstop for the backing makes this a great quilt for a picnic, soccer games, beach trips or any other outdoor activities you might have planned!
- 1.7m of Ripstop
- 1.2m of white Canada wording fabric
- 0.7m of red fabric
- 0.7m of black fabric
- 0.7m of maple leaf fabric
- 0.7m of O Canada leaf block fabric
- 12.5″x12.5″ square ruler
- Sewing Machine
- Cut out 13 squares from the white Canada wording fabric measuring 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″
- Cut out 12 squares from the remainder fabrics measuring 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
3. Use this map to create your squares!
4. Stitch the squares together using 1/4″ seam allowance and press seams open or all in the same direction
5. Once your pieces are together, place on the Ripstop right sides together and stitch around leaving a small opening to turn inside out
6. Turn right side out and top stitch around the blanket