December Magic: Advent Calendar
Countdown to Christmas with a beautiful traditional Advent Calendar! Using the collection and Advent Calendar panel from our December Magic quilting collection we created a simple pattern. This pattern would also be great to use any Christmas scraps you might have!
Christmas Stockings – 0.1m
Christmas Wreaths -0.1m
Holly – 0.1m
Poinsettia – 0.1m
Christmas Bells – 0.1m
Red Trucks – 0.1m
Scenic Snowman – 0.1m
*1.4m Backing fabric and 1 Advent Calendar Panel will be needed*
Please note: All strips are cut across the width of fabric (WOF) from selvedge to selvedge unless otherwise noted.
From Fabric A, B, E, I, J and K cut:
(1) 2 1/2″xWOF strips. Sub cut (10) 2 1/2″
From Fabric C, D, F and G cut:
(1) 2 1/2″xWOF strips. Sub cut (11) 2 1/2″
From Fabric H cut:
(1) 2 1/2″xWOF strips. Sub cut (12) 2 1/2″
- Press all the edges of your pockets back 1/4″. Topstitch the top edge only.
2. Place your pockets on the corresponding spot on your panel. Pin in place and topstitch the sides and bottom of the pocket.
3. To create your rows and columns place pieces right sides together and stitch with 1/4″ seam allowance. Press to one side.
4. Use the above as a guide to sew your rows and columns together
5. Sew Column 1 and 2 together and then sew to the left side of the panel. Column 3 and 4 together and then sew to the right side of the panel. Sew Row 1 and 2 together and sew to the top of the panel. Sew Row 3 and 4 together and sew to the bottom of the panel.
6. Quilt and bind as desired.
**Please note you can also quilt the panel prior to putting the pockets on.**