It’s never to early to get started with Christmas planning! We wanted to help give you a heads start on Christmas without sacrificing too much summer! So we brought the tropics to you with this flamingo stocking! Free pattern and a quick project to whip up on a rainy day.
- 0.5m of Christmas fabric for the front
- 0.5m of Christmas fabric for lining
- 1 hot pink, red, white, yellow and black felt sheet
- 1m of narrow width rick rack
- Assorted felt colours for light bulbs
- Tape your pattern together matching lines and cut 2 stockings out from your front fabric and cut 2 stockings from lining.
2. Using the pattern provided cut out your felt pieces. Glue your flamingo body onto the front piece of your stocking.
3. Continue to add the remaining felt pieces in the above order.
4. Glue or stitch your rick rack in a zig-zag formation and add light bulbs as desired.
5. Place the back and front right sides together and stitch with a 1/4″ seam allowance leaving the top edge open.
6. Turn right side out.
7. Place the lining pieces right sides together and stitch with a 1/4″ seam allowance leaving the top edge open and a 3″ opening along the side.
8. Place your front stocking into the lining matching right sides together. Pin your top edge and stitch with a 1/4″ seam allowance.
Optional: Before completing this step create a tab from a rectangle measuring 1 1/4″ wide by 3″ long. Stitch into the top edge.
10. Turn right side out through your opening in the side of the lining. Topstitch the opening closed.