Roaring 20’s: New Years Banner DIY
Step into the Roaring ’20s with the perfect New Year decoration for your party! The geo circle collection is perfect for this easy banner and tassel combination. Mix and match the colours to get a fun and celebratory look!
- 1m of 4 colours from the geo circle collection
- 0.5m of gold fabric
- HeatnBond Ultrahold
- 2m of ribbon or cording
- Optional: Fringe Cutter
- Using the pattern provided, trace the letters onto the Heat n Bond Ultrahold.
2. Using the pattern provided cut out your letters from the gold fabric.
3. Iron the HeatnBond Ultra onto the gold letter and then onto the first colour. Leave enough space to trace out the banner pattern.
4. Using the pattern provided, trace the banner onto the fabric, ensuring the letter is centred in the banner.
5. Cut out your banner pieces from the fabric and hem the outer edge 1/4″, leaving the top edge.
6. Fold the top edge of the banner over 3/4″ and press.
7. Stitch 1/2″ in from the edge to make a tunnel for the cording or ribbon.
8. Thread your cording or ribbon through the tunnel of the banners.
9. Cut strips from the coloured fabrics 13″ wide by 24″ long.
10. Fold the short strip in half and then fold it in half lengthwise. Cut fringe strips using the fringe cutter. If you don’t have a fringe cutter measure and draw lines 1/2″ apart. Leave 1/2″ at the top fold of the fabric.
11. Separate the fringe cuts to ensure none are stuck together.
12. Unfold your fringe strip and cut to 12″ in length.
13. Roll your fringe strip tightly.
14. Twist your strip at the centre and tie into a loose knot.
15. Thread the tassel onto the cording or ribbing.