Snow Place like Home: Door Hanging
Dress-up your classroom for the holiday season with our snow place like home door hanging. Perfect for younger children so they can individually design a snowman to be place on the door hanging. Swap out hot glue for craft glue and you are good to go!
- Snow Place Like Home Panel
- 0.5m Snow Place Like Home snowman fabric
- 0.5m Snow Place Like Home snowflake fabric
- 0.5m Snow Place Like Home red scroll fabric (binding)
- 0.3m each of 3 fabrics from Snow Place like Home
- 2 white felt sheets
- Moving eyes
- Dress-it-up Buttons
- Orange Embroidery Thread
- 2m twisted cord in brown
- Beacon Felt Glue or Hot Glue
- Heat n Bond Ultra
- Prepare your materials by using the pattern provided. Cut the snowman from felt and the hats, scarves and mittens from the assortment of fabric. Allow kids to create their own snowman using the material
2. We chose to create the carrot nose by making 4 stitches with the embroidery thread.
3. Cut a rectangle measuring 12″ x 24 1/2″ from your snowman fabric. Cut a rectangle measuring 10″ x 24 1/2 from your snowflake fabric. Sew the snowman rectangle to the bottom of the panel with a 1/2″ seam allowance. Sew the snowflake rectangle to the top of the panel with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
4. Bind the edges of your door hanging.
5. Using the pattern provided trace the letters onto the paper side of your Heat n Bond. Cut out the lines of text and press to the wrong side of your fabric. Cut out your letters. Peel the backing of the Heat n Bond and press to the right side of the top of the wall hanging.