Jam Jar Covers + Jam Recipe!
Sweet, sweet summer! Here comes the fresh fruit and the perfect opportunity to make fresh jam! These covers make for a cute gift or party favour. Scroll to the bottom for a strawberry rhubarb jam recipe!
- 0.2m of cotton will make 6-8 large and 6-8 small
- 0.8m of trim will be enough for 1 large and 1 small
- 1.5mm elastic
- Trace the opening of your jar on a piece of paper
2. Add 1″- 1 1/2″ for the larger jars and 1″ to the smaller jars
3. Trace onto fabric and cut out
4. Pin trim into place and stitch around circle, cutting trim at the end
5. Measure the elastic, cut and tie a knot in the end
Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Makes approximately 3 cups of jam
- 3 cups of strawberries – cut into small chunks
- 3 cups of rhubarb – cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Cut the strawberries and rhubarb into 1″ chunks and place in bowl.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir to combine. Let it sit for 1 hr for the sugar and juices to soak in
- In a large frying pan add the mixture and heat to medium.
- Stir the mixture constantly for 30 mins. The mixture will start to thicken and the fruit will start to dissolve into smaller chunks.
- Once the mixture has reached your desired thickness remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into jars and add the jam jar covers!